Speaker Presentations at the Macedonia Economic Summit
Many of the attendees of the Summit and the Leadership Talks asked if we are going to share the speaker presentations. We are happy that the enthusiasm for going forward is strong and that the speakers were glad to share their presentations with everyone.
PANEL 1: ECONOMIC CHALLENGES OF SOUTH-EAST EUROPEAN REGION
PANEL 2: TRANSFORMING THE CULTURE IN SEE
PANEL 3: BUILDING TRASNFORMATIVE SECTORS IN SEE
PANEL 5: TECHNOLOGY & INNOVATION
PANEL 6: EMERGING COMPETITIVE SECTORS IN MACEDONIA
PANEL 7: TRANSORMING MACEDONIA INTO A HUB FOR “SMART INDUSTRIES”
Participant Testimonials from the Macedonia Economic Summit
posted December 3, 2015
We are delighted for having received many encouraging remarks from participants at the Macedonia Economic Summit and we want to thank all of you who made this event materialize in the quality that it did.
View all testimonials in PDF here
Summary of the Survey for the Macedonia Economic Summit 2015
The Summit hosted around 300 participants and additional 400 students and young entrepreneurs at the free Leadership Talks event. Over the two main days of the Summit there were eight panel discussions featuring 38 speakers coming from more than 17 countries, including Albania, Austria, Australia, Hong Kong, Croatia, Poland, Serbia, Sweden, United Kingdom and the United States. The speakers represented many sectors, including finance and banking, consumer electronics, IT, tourism, mobile, agriculture, management and health. In addition to the panel discussions the Summit had off-site Gala reception and a community-outreach event titled Climb with the Leaders to mount Vodno, attended by 80 participants. The Summit was supported by 13 organizations, 14 media outlets and 27 sponsors. All relevant national TV stations reported on the event and broadcasted interviews with a number of the Summit’s speakers. The organizing team was made of 6 team members and additional 6 staff.
We distributed a survey to 230 participants at the Macedonia Economic Summit to rate their experience at the event. We received a response from 45 participants and 14 speakers, total of 59 people, which is 25 % response rate. This is the summary of the responses:
- What was the reason for your attending the Macedonia Economic Summit? (Select all that apply)
Networking – 75%
Exploring business opportunities – 55%
Interested in the panel discussions – 68%
To support the organization – 52%
- 69 % of the respondents said there are Very Satisfied and 20% said they are Satisfied with the Panel Sessions, adding to a 89% rate of satisfaction.
- Regarding the relevancy of the topics, 44% of the participant said they were Very Satisfied and 38% Satisfied, combining for 81% satisfaction; 15% responded “Neutral”.
The open-ended question “In what ways have you and/or your company benefited from attending the Summit?” produced 29 written responses, all of which suggested positive benefits for the participants. Here are few of the answers:
“I got ideas that may lead to a revision of the company’s long-term strategy.”
“Networking and meeting potential partners.”
“Many benefits including meeting new people, sharing experiences, improving skills and knowledge.”
“Opportunity to present our project and company to the Macedonian business sector and opportunity to attract investors and good skilled workforce.”
- 71 % of the respondents said they were Very Satisfied with the overall impact of the Macedonia Economic Summit. 24.44% said they were Satisfied.
- None of the respondents were Dissatisfied with any of the panel discussions.
- According to the respondents, the top three panels of the Summit are*:
- A Conversation on Values-Based Leadership for Building Inclusive Societies
- Technology and Innovation
- Entrepreneurs who Build from Zero to Fortunes
*The rest of the panels were behind by very small margins
- 87% were satisfied with the profile of the attendees.
- 90% were satisfied with the location of the event.
- 59% were Very Satisfied with the cost, 14% were Satisfied and 21% voted “Neutral”.
- 95% of the respondents said they were overall Satisfied with the Summit
- On the question “Would you recommend the Summit to people in your professional network?” 95% of the respondents answered they will.
- All of the 14 speakers said they see a possibility for themselves or their company to do business in Macedonia.
- All of the 14 speakers said they have established contacts with a company or service provider in Macedonia.
- All of the 14 speakers said they will recommend the summit to people in their professional network.